Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Go to meetmeatmetro.com for up-to-date info on Meet Me @Metro for this year...
Sunday, May 2, 2010 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
For up-to-date information on Meet Me @Metro this year please goto meetmeatmetro.com
Watts Village Theater Company (WVTC) is proud to present the first annual production of Meet Me @ Metro, conceived by WVTC Artistic Director Guillermo Aviles-Rodriguez, with original works by WVTC, Moo Doo Puppets, Epic Megalopolis Productions, The Nonsense Company, Collage Dance Theatre, and East LA Rep.
Meet Me @ Metro is an exciting, interactive, trans-disciplinary theatrical journey, taking place at Metro stops between Downtown Los Angeles and the community of Watts. Using theater, dance, puppetry, music and even food, this eclectic happening will explore cultures that often converge aboard Metro that are rarely examined or understood. Meet Me @ Metro will reinforce the message that art lives everywhere and with us all. You, as the audience, will be just as instrumental in crafting these stories forming in public spaces as the performers themselves. Just as Metro moves people, so does art. We invite you to come along on this epic journey.
Performances will take place along the Metro Purple, Red and Blue Lines starting at Union Station and ending at the Watts Towers. A Metro Day Pass or any other valid Metro pass is required for the entire performance. The FREE ticket gets you your Metro Day Pass, additional service fees included, and access to all the performances!
Reservations are limited so book early!
How to experience Meet Me @ Metro:
• Purchase your ticket through EventBrite
• Arrive at the East Portal of Union Station on May 2nd, at least 30 minutes prior to your designated performance time (Map).
• Check in with a Meet Me @ Metro Tour Guide to confirm your reservation and receive a Metro Day Pass and colored balloon.
• Follow your Tour Guide (who will be wearing a Meet Me @ Metro t-Shirt that is the same color as your balloon) as they board and disembark the train and make their way to each performance. This will guarantee a safe and enjoyable experience.
• Let go of your pre-conceived notions, well-founded suspicions and deep-rooted distrust and experience the world of Meet Me @ Metro!
• Tweet, upload videos and pictures to Facebook while on the Meet Me @ Metro journey!